Zarbon's race is the race that Frieza's right-hand man Zarbon belongs to. Other members of this race appear as enemies in the video games Dragon Ball Z II: Gekishin Freeza and Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu (being palette swaps of Zarbon). In Dragon Ball Fusions, they are considered part of the Alien race.
Zarbon's race are humanoid aliens with blue skin tone who can transform into more powerful crocodile-like forms (their Monster Form). They have also have the ability to manipulate their appearance but concealing their monster form into a more humanoid look, with the drawback of weakening themselves.
Zarbon was the prince of this race. Their home world was apparently conquered by Frieza, and remnants of their race were added to the Frieza Force. The members of his race seems to have tealish colored blood as Zarbon's blood was teal.
Main article: Devilish Transformation Zarbon has the ability to take on a more powerful Monster form which reveals his true power. This state makes him much bulkier and more muscular as well as making them more lizard-like. This form is sometimes referred to as Zarbon's True Form. The other members of the race shown in video games appear either in their Elegant Form or Monster Form, but never transform from one to the other.
Known members of the race
- Zarbon – One of Frieza's most powerful warriors and top two highest-ranking military commanders/generals alongside Dodoria.
- Yūzu (ユーズ) – A purple skinned version of Zarbon in his Elegant Form with blonde hair. He appears as an enemy in Gekishin Freeza.
- Aboga (アボガ) – A blond version of the transformed Zarbon. He appears as an enemy after Zarbon's defeat in Super Saiya Densetsu; called "Red" or "Fepha" in English versions. He has a power level of 16,000.
- Mandarin (マンダリン) – A blue haired version of the transformed Zarbon. He appears as an enemy after Zarbon's defeat in Super Saiya Densetsu; called "G.BLY" in the English version. He has a power level of 22,000.
- Toomel - A female version of the race who bewitches enemies with her mature aura.
- Dodobon - The EX-Fusion of Zarbon and Dodoria.
- Captain Ginyu states that Frieza's high-ranking military and mercenaries are abnormally powerful due to the mutation in their genetic ancestry. Additional similarity to the power of these races is further highlighted by Vegeta's statement that they were born with great power but did not train the way Saiyans did and did not have the substantial Saiyan Power ability.
- According to the battle mode in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team, Zarbon is confirmed to be the prince of his race, as Zarbon and Vegeta are both entitled as "Prince of Another Planet" on a stage select title.